The company started life designing and manufacturing electronic speech
transfer systems to enable communication between customer and clerk either side of a screen. Apex takes pride in the fact that its speech transfer products and induction loops are still British-made products that, when installed by the company\'s own staff, carry a two-year on-site guarantee, including parts and labour.
The nature of the rail business means that as a company Apex not only deals with contractors and sub-contractors but also with train companies directly, especially when technical surveys have to be carried out. This obviously means that the company needs to be trustworthy in the way it deals with each company, sometimes all at the same time!
Irrespective of who the customer is, Apex believes in forming good working relationships with the station personnel and management experience shows that consulting with the staff \'on the ground\' helps provide the right solutions to many issues.
Over the years the company has become involved with the manufacture and supply of other products: screens, counters, cash pedestal units, \'Q\' management systems, and smaller P.A. and call-up systems.
Apex always tries to get involved with providing \'bespoke\' solutions and this leads to new product developments such as:
- A wireless speech transfer system that allows the clerk to move away from the counter and still communicate with the customer (conversations can also be recorded)
- A combined speech transfer system and call-up to counter system combined
- A hard-wired speech transfer system with call button and remote station (allows clerk to speak and be spoken to from the serving window when working in the back office)
- A secure, modular glazed screen unit complete with speech transfer and induction loop (optional covert CCTV if required within the mullions) complete with drawer unit
- A cash hopper with speech transfer and induction loop as standard with \'Q\' management and CCTV as options
- A mobile induction loop \'in a box\' that provides temporary induction loop facilities in a medium-size room
- Oversize cash pedestal units for under counters
- The Hadrian™ glazed security screen that provides probably the smallest mullion sections on the market.
To summarise: it is fair to say that Apex is a small company that is proud to design and manufacture quality products and is always keen to provide the best possible solutions to each separate project that it is invited to get involved with. The company relishes any opportunity to build lasting, quality relationships within the rail industry.
Existing rail clients include: Integral, G. Osborne, Central, Merseyrail, First Great Western, One, Thales, Virgin and various LUL contractors. Clients outside the rail industry include: Lloyds TSB, Post Office, Chubb, Kilby & Gayford.
For further information:
Apex Audio Ltd
Tel: 01920 870950
Fax: 01920 870 951